Here are Some Essential Tips for your First Outdoor Swimming Pool Visit!
Summer is just around the corner and there’s no better way to embrace the warm weather than with a refreshing swim in one of our eight Calgary outdoor swimming pools. If you’re new to outdoor swimming pools, don’t worry. We have some great tips to ensure your experience is safe and enjoyable. Get ready to have a splashing good time as we discuss what to expect, what to pack, and some essential tips for your first outdoor swimming pool adventure!
What to Expect When You Visit One of Our Calgary Swimming Pools?
To make the most of your visit, it’s important to know what to expect. You’ll find that most outdoor swimming pools have lifeguards on duty, designated areas for both kids and adults, and tons of fun recreational equipment like diving boards and slides. For more details, make sure to check out the pool’s website before you go, so you know what to expect on your first trip!
What to Pack
Get ready to pack your pool bag with all the essentials for a fun-filled day in the sun! Don’t forget to bring your favorite swimsuit, a cozy towel, and some sunscreen to protect your skin. To shade your eyes and stay extra cool, throw in a stylish hat or some funky sunglasses. If you’re planning to swim some laps, make sure to bring your trusty goggles, and a hair tie to keep your locks in check. While some of Calgary’s outdoor swimming pools may offer concessions, we always suggest bringing a trusty water bottle to keep you refreshed and hydrated during those warm summer days.
Essential Tips When You Visit Your Local Outdoor Pool
Here are some essential tips to keep in mind for your first Calgary outdoor swimming pool visit:
- Follow pool rules: Rules may include no diving, no running, and no food or drinks in the pool area.
- Stay hydrated: It’s essential to stay hydrated, especially if you’re swimming in the sun. Drink water regularly to avoid dehydration.
- Use sunscreen: Protect your skin from harmful UV rays by applying sunscreen regularly. Make sure to reapply after swimming.
- Watch your children: If you’re bringing children to the pool, be aware that all children under the age of 8 must be within arm’s reach at all times.
- Shower before and after swimming: Showering before swimming helps to remove oils and dirt from your body, and showering after swimming helps to remove chlorine from your skin.
Going to a Calgary outdoor swimming pool is a wonderful and invigorating experience that is sure to leave you feeling happy and refreshed. With some helpful tips and a bit of preparation, you can make sure that your first time at the pool is not only enjoyable but also safe. So, get ready to pack your bag and plan your next visit this summer! Find a pool near you with our interactive online map. To purchase admission, click on your preferred location and purchase your tickets. For more information about the Calgary Outdoor Swimming Pool Association, visit our website!