Outdoor Pool Supervisor
Outdoor pool operating for 80 days up to and including Labour Day..
- Budget management including development of operating and capital budgets, ongoing monitoring and control of operating budget.
- Administrative duties including efficient use of staff resources/scheduling, cash control, report preparation, supply ordering.
- Recruits, interviews, orients and supervises all pool employees, arranging ongoing training for employees, accident reports and facility security.
- Ensures the provision of a variety of aquatic/recreation programs and services that are innovative, current and responsive to the needs of customers.
- Assists in the development of marketing and promotional strategies for the facility.
- Ensures compliance to all appropriate statutes and codes.
- Actively seeks partnership with other groups and agencies to maximize use of facility.
- Ensures excellent customer service to the public and user groups; handles public inquiries, complaints and ensures public safety.
- Ensures that the physical plant is maintained and that preventative maintenance practices are implemented on a regular basis. Controls water purification, air and water temperature and water balance.
- Reads gauges, instruments and conducts periodic water readings. Adds appropriate chemicals as required, ensuring filtration and chlorine systems are operational.
- Ability to fill in as Lifeguard and willingness to share in light janitorial duties.
Applicants must be at least eighteen years of age, have a High School Diploma or equivalent and a valid Class 5 Driver’s License. Applicants must also have the following awards (current or within the expiry dates indicated on the award): Pool Operators 1 & 2, National Lifeguard, Red Cross Water Safety Instructor, Life Saving Instructor, Standard First Aid and CPR (Basic Rescuer) Awards. In addition, the applicant must have at least two years related experience in a supervisory capacity in swimming pools.
COSPA would like to thank all applicants for their interest in working at one of the COSPA outdoor swimming pools.
Only those applicants being considered for interview will be contacted.
Applicants will only be contacted by one of the Pool Directors if they are interested in interviewing you for a position.