Under the supervision of the Aquatic Supervisor or Senior Attendant, this position involves monitoring and ensuring the safety of patrons in an aquatic environment. The Lifeguard also completes administrative and maintenance tasks as assigned.
- Continual monitoring of pool activities to prevent accidents while maintaining a pleasant and hazard free environment for adults and children;
- Enforce pool regulations and educate customers on safe practices and procedures;
- Perform lifesaving and resuscitation/first aid as required;
- Provide a high level of customer service to patrons including responding to inquiries in person and over the phone and registering participants in programs;
- Administrative tasks including daily cash handling/cashiering duties involving admitting the public to the facility, accepting admission fees, and preparing daily cash statements;
- Maintenance duties may include daily cleaning of public locker rooms, washrooms, pool and pool area and periodic cleaning of the facility walls and floors along with clean up of building and surrounding grounds and related work as assigned
Candidates must be eighteen (18) years of age and have some High School education. They must also have the following certificates/awards (certified within the previous twelve months or within the expiry date of the award): National Lifeguard, Standard First Aid, CPR (Level C). Candidates must have six months experience as a lifeguard or swimming instructor. Knowledge of aquatic and emergency safety procedures and relevant legislation is required. Candidates must have a basic understanding of water chemistry and pool mechanical operations.
- Lifeguards work in a variety of aquatic environments, with some exposure to chemicals.
- Be physically fit to carry out the functions of the position
- Well-developed oral and written communication skills and good interpersonal skills
- Superior customer service skills
- Ability to work both independently and as a team member
- High work standards
- Applied knowledge of safety legislation and practices
- Successful applicants must provide proof of qualifications and must be able to perform the physical demands of the job.
- Applicants will be short-listed.
- More than one position may be filled from this competition.
COSPA would like to thank all applicants for their interest in working at one of the COSPA outdoor swimming pools.
Only those applicants being considered for interview will be contacted.
* Applicants will only be contacted by one of the Pool Directors if they are interested in interviewing you for a position.